Redhead Fangirl

Tuesday, January 10

Lead on, leader

"What's the plan, dark crystal?" "It's Darkhawk, actually"

My double dose of Kirkman this week was Marvel Zombies 2, and Marvel Team-up 16. The League of Losers carries on against the revealed villian- Chronok. Chronok made a database of information on every scrap of information on superheroes (very librarian-ish. once again I will state we could rule the world if we wanted). With this info, he and his thousands of soldiers storm Earth and kill off all the known heroes.

Who is left? Those 'heroes' that weren't popular, or known enough to even be recorded.

When Terror, Inc ( a green spiky face guy in a trenchcoat and fedora) is asked to help..
"Had you a modicum of intelligence, dear boy, you would see that I am not wearing spandex. I can't help you."

Team bonding begins (a chance to get out if we work as a team moments), although they don't even know each other's names. Gravity grabbed the time machine, and a plan is hatched to go into the future to find him and stop the plan.

We could save the world!

4 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying the "Legion of Losers" story in Marvel Team-Up right now. I really like Kirkman's writing style. However, no one could make Marvel Zombies to be an interesting concept. I flipped through the first two issues at my LCS and thought that the only reason I would consider buying it would be if I ran out of toilet paper at my house. Those two issues, All-Star Batman & Robin, and Flash #226 would keep me set for kindling and TP for the rest of the year.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger rich said...

"I flipped through the first two issues at my LCS and thought that the only reason I would consider buying it would be if I ran out of toilet paper at my house."

Now, that's just silly. These issues cost $2.99 per copy. So you would be paying $5.98 for the first and second issue. For that price, you could buy enough toilet paper for an army. You're better off just leaving MARVEL ZOMBIES (all of the issues) in the store.

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger geekboypress said...

C'mon, Laverne, Speedball grabbed the Time Machine, Not Gravity! Heh...

Anyway, Team-up and Zombies are my favorite books right now. I Re-read them both a few times, and that is rare these days, when comic storylines tend to dredge up the past and recycle old tales, over and over again.

Oh, and Dale said you said Hi, so Hi back

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

I stand corrected. Clearly the league of losers are really unknown, I can't even get them right on my blog!
Geek Boy Rants- that's great! You have to add RF.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home