Redhead Fangirl

Monday, February 26

Me and Ms. Simone


Phillygirl with Nick Brendon!

My Friday began with an early morning train ride into the city-- and the train died 2 stops from home. After half hour of 'rebooting' the engine, the train was put out of service and we were put out on a cold windy platform. We crossed the tracks and I did get on one of the new double decker trains, but my plans to go to the 10 AM library panel were shot to hell.

It was a breeze to get in on Friday, all professionals only. I stopped by the DC booth right inside the door, but then went to the 11 AM Formats and Genres panel for librarians. In fact, I spent most of the day in panels- also the Comic Bloggers Panel (Heidi from The Beat, Joanna D Carlson, Ron Hogan from galleycat, and Chris from Comics212. As a blogger, I felt like the bit part actor to the megastar. After sitting behind him for an hour, blogfriend rab from Estoreal and I caught up.

Saw some of the Marvel Initiative panel-- was great to see Dan Slott and Mike Oeming so high profile. Didio's DC Nation was the normal loud and fast sideshow.

I picked up the daily sheet of signing for the DC booth...and there it was..Gail Simone at 6:30 PM. I had been checking the NYCC site, and she was never listed, and knowing she is a West coaster I was surprised, and thrilled.

When I met her, rab from Estoreal wanted to be present "just to watch this". I was third in line, and told her I was so excited to meet her I could just cry. She was so nice, signed my one BOP that I bought (with about 100 of her comics at home!), and took the pic on my previous post.

While she was signing, rab took me over to her husband Scott- and awww- he said that she won't let him read a lot of blogs because of trolls that trash her, but he can read mine, and that it's funny! I'm so glad to see our talented Gail has such a nice, funny, and attractive husband!

Within the next few days, I'll finish with my panel notes, sightings, and pictures.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Blogger Richard said...

Anyone looking at the photo of you and Gail in the previous post will understand why I had to be there to witness that meeting. I knew it would be too good a moment to miss.

And, much as I enjoyed chatting with Gail, her husband saying that I'm vaguely disturbing and project a general air of menace is something I will always treasure. It's rare to meet people perceptive enough to pick up on that, much less who can say it with such elan. What an extremely tall man he is, too.

Great to meet PhillyGirl at last, and see both of you having such a good time!

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger phillygirl2873 said...

Nice to meet you too rab.

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger Rich said...

Glad to see Nick Brendan DID show up!

And now strangely irked that I didn't go for a signature after all...dammit!

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Nick said...

SO...we finally see the infamous phillygirl, lol. You guys go see any other actors? Rich said they had two cast members from BSG up there too.

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger phillygirl2873 said...

Yes Tricia and James from BSG and Kevin Smith was the moderator for the panel. It was awesome! The best panel of the day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home